Founder and director of Smile Creations® Innovations Limited and has been practicing in Leighton Buzzard U.K. for over 30 years
Dr. Darbar is a multi-award winning Laser and Aesthetic Dentist. He is dedicated to providing cutting edge dentistry to his patients for nearly 35 years. He is an accredited member of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He is also a Master, an educator and founder member of the World Clinical Laser Institute. He has been introducing the concept of preconditioning with various wavelengths and his data has been presented and published.
PBM / LLLT and Laser in dentistry
Tuesday 6th November 2018
Dental lasers have been in existence since the late eighties and evolved over time and today it is possible to provide laser dentistry covering most modalities from simple to complex aesthetic and restorative procedures for both soft and hard tissues. With the use of low level laser therapy (LLLT) and employing the principles of Photobiomodulation (PBM), it is possible to reduce pain and produce enhanced healing and regeneration.
1. Familiarize with different terms used for LLLT (low Level Laser Therapy).
2. Make the participants aware of the uses and will be demonstrated with clinical case studies.
3. Discuss use in simple and complex clinical conditions
4. Review numerous research studies have demonstrated that PBM is effective for various applications in dentistry.
5. Discuss and demonstrate key factors involved in the ease of use for us and for our patients a noninvasive protocol.
6. Review indications and contraindications as compared to conventional medications.
7. Understanding of effects of light on biological tissues at cellular levels and then put them into practice to make the body heal naturally and effectively with enhanced outcomes and comfort is the ultimate goal.
9:00 – 10:00 Lecture
10:00 -12:00 Clinical cases
12:00 – 12:30 Coffee Break
12:30 – 2:30 Reviewing research studies of PBM
2:30 – 3:30 Lunch Break
3:30 – 4:30 Hands on
4:30- 5:00 Exam